Mom's fall and other Illinois trips in 2016
My trip to Illinois in April began as parent duty while Vicki and Scott went to Mexico. My trip was extended when my mom fell and broke her hip and her arm...and many long frustrating hours followed at the hospital and then the nursing home for rehab. Dad didn't do so well home alone, so my next trip in mid-June was timed to be there when my mom returned home from the nursing home rehab. We had a 24-hour caregiver lined up, mom came home, and progress was up and down. And the caregiver situation was also up and down while I had 3 weeks in Colorado.
This trip over July 4th holiday was to give Vicki a break with a week off her work at her lake house and to visit again with mom and dad. I also got to spend a fair amount of time with Jamie's family: kids - Alex and Andi, and Craig's famlily: kids - Michael, Kohlie, and Collin.
And I got two days at the lake house! With windsurfing!
My next trip will be over Labor Day weekend when Vicki has some days off. I hope to spend a couple days at the lake house again.
No comments:
Post a Comment